The only packaging that is ancient, yet present and future, and the oldest packaging known to man is glass. Glass has enviable qualities that have stood the test of time and it is no wonder that for more than 3 000 years people have been making glass their first choice.
Glass – unlike other seasonal trends, fashions and fads which are quickly replaced by the next "new idea” – is timeless, classic and stylish, yet attractively practical.
When it comes to choosing a packaging material there are many considerations for the consumer. Not only is glass:
- 100% recyclable, 100% reusable, pure and natural (made from three natural substances – sand, limestone and soda ash),
- Is inert (it will not leach any synthetic chemicals into its contents),
- The only packaging material that does not require extra layers to protect its contents,
- Flavourless and odourless,
- The only packaging material "Generally Recognised as Safe” (GRAS) by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
There are also so many relevant, compelling and responsible reasons to choose glass and incorporate it into your home, some of which include: